Sterling Health Services, Inc. routinely gathers data on Web site activity, such as how many people visit the site, the pages they visit, where they come from, how long they stay on the site, etc. The data is collected on an aggregate, anonymous basis, which means that no personally identifiable information is associated with the data. The data helps us improve site content and usage and is not shared with other organizations for their independent use.
Collecting and Using Personal Information
1. Navigational Information and Web Logs
If you browse through this Web site to read, print, or download information, navigational information will be collected. We maintain standard Web logs that record data about all visitors and customers who use this site and this information may be stored. These logs may contain information such as the following: the Internet domain from which you accessed the site (such as lava.net, aol.com, etc.); the IP address which is automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet and which may be identifiable; the type of browser and operating system you use; the date and time you visited the site; the pages you viewed on the site; and the address of any Web site you may have linked from. If you sign on to this Web site to use its secured features, our Web logs will also contain an individual identifier and show the services you have accessed.
All Web logs are stored securely and may only be accessed by Sterling Health Services, Inc. employees or designees who need the information for a specific purpose. Sterling Health Services, Inc. uses Web log information to help us design our site, to identify popular features, to resolve user, hardware, and software problems, and to make the site more useful to visitors.
We may place Internet “cookies” on the computer hard drives of visitors to this Web site. Information we obtain from these cookies helps us to tailor our site to be more helpful and efficient for our visitors. The cookie consists of a unique identifier that does not contain personal information about you.
You may have software on your computer that allows you to decline or deactivate Internet cookies. If you choose to use such software, some features of this site may not work properly for you. More information about cookies, including how to remove them from your hard drive, may be available on other Web sites or from your Internet service provider.
3. E-mail and Other Transactions
If you provide us with your e-mail address while using this Web site, your e-mail address is never used for any purposes other than to respond to inquiries you have sent us or communicate with you about the services and products provided by Sterling Health Services, Inc.
Even if you have given us permission to send e-mails to you, you may revoke that permission at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of any e-mail you receive from us.
Comments or questions sent to us using e-mail or secure messaging forms will be shared with Sterling Health Services, Inc. staff and other professionals who may be able to address your concerns. We will archive your messages once we have made our best effort to provide you with a complete and satisfactory response.
Some of our services interact directly with other Sterling Health Services, Inc. data systems. Data about your transaction may be stored in these systems and available to people who test and support these systems.
If you register as a member to use protected features on our Web site, you may be given an opportunity to receive e-mails about different types of Sterling Health Services, Inc. products, services, announcements, and updates. You may change your member preferences by contacting us.
4. Surveys and Evaluations
We will periodically ask users to complete surveys about their experiences with features of our Web site. Our surveys ask visitors for demographic information such as age, gender, and education. We use this survey information for evaluative and quality improvement purposes, including helping Sterling Health Services, Inc. improve information and services offered through this Web site. In addition, users who give feedback may be individually contacted for follow-up due to concerns raised during the course of our evaluation of the information they have provided. Demographic information and Web log data may be stored for future research and evaluation.
We may disclose personal information about you to persons performing audit, legal, operational, or other services for us. Whenever feasible, we will use information which does not identify you for these activities. Information disclosed to vendors or contractors for operational purposes may not be re-disclosed to others by such vendors or contractors.
We may disclose personal information when required to do so by a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. We may disclose personal information if we deem it appropriate to protect the safety of an individual, or in connection with an investigation related to public safety, or to report an activity that appears to be in violation of law. We may disclose personal information to protect the security and reliability of this site and to take precautions against liability.
Questions or Concerns?
Last updated: February 10, 2020
- “Account” means an individual account created for you to access our website or parts of our website.
- “Affiliate” means an entity that controls, is under control, or under common control with a party. Here, “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest, or other securities entitled to vote for the election of directors or other managing authority.
- “Cookies” are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website containing the details of your browsing history on that website.
- “Country” refers to the United States.
- “Do Not Track” (or “DNT”) refers to recent federal regulations protecting an individual’s right to choose whether to be tracked by third-party websites and mobile applications.
- “Foundation” (referred to as either “the Foundation,” “we,” “us,”, “our”, or “Amazing Care” in this Agreement) refers to the Amazing Care Charitable Foundation, P.O. Box 71107, Oakland, CA 94612.
- “Personal Data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Foundation. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Foundation to facilitate or provide the website on the Foundation’s behalf, provide related support, or analyze the use of website products.
- “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated using the website or from the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “Website” refers to The Amazing Care Charitable Foundation website, accessible from http://www.sterlingadministration.com
- “You” means the individual accessing or using the website, or the Company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the website, as applicable.
Collecting and Using your Personal Data
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that we may use to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Bank account information to pay for products and services within the website
- Usage Data
When you pay for a product or a service via bank transfer, we may ask you to provide information to facilitate this transaction and to verify your identity. Such information may include, without limitation:
- Date of birth
- Passport or National ID card
- Bank card statement
- Other information linking you to an address
Our website collects Usage Data automatically when using the website. Such Usage Data may include, but is not limited to, your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the visited webpages, visit date and time, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain mobile device information automatically. Such data may include, but is not limited to, the mobile device model, unique ID, IP address, mobile operating system, mobile Internet browser, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or when you access the website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Whereas Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, servers delete Session Cookies when you close your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Sterling Administration
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Sterling Administration
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Sterling Administration
- Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with more personal experience and to avoid having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
Tracking and Performance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Third Parties
- Purpose: Third Parties may use these Cookies to track information about traffic to the website and how users use the website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor based on the collected information’s regular link to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device used to access the website. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the website to see how our users react to them.
Use of your Personal Data
Sterling may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our website, including to monitor the usage of our website.
- To manage your Account: as in, to manage your registration as a user of the website. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different website functionalities that are available to you as a registered user.
- For contract performance: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services you purchase with us through the website.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about our goods and services based on your purchase history (unless you have opted not to receive such information).
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your communications with us.
Sterling may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: To monitor and analyze your website use, to contact you, or to advertise on third party websites after you process a payment through the website.
- For Business transfers: we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business Partners: we may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
Retention of your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes for a shorter time. We may retain this data for an extended period if used to improve our Service security or functionality, or we are legally obligated to retain this data.
Transfer of your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. We may transfer and maintain such information on computers located outside of your state, country, or governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your location.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, governing laws may require the Company to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so or in response to a valid government agency request.
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- Protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on our behalf. They are obligated to secure and cannot disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website and shares this data with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
When you use our website to pay a product or website via bank transfer, we may ask you to provide information to facilitate this transaction and to verify your identity.
“Do Not Track” Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our website does not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such sites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. We may also limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information of users between 13 and 18 years old. This means we will be unable to provide certain functionality of the website to these users.
Links to Other Websites
By email: email@example.com
By phone number: 800-617-4729
By mail: P.O. Box 71107 Oakland, CA 94612